I love eccentricities that are grounded in humor.
Bushyshrub/ Electricpop/ Dajayjay/ Kitty/

Posted on: 11.29.2012 @ 9:54 PM |

Blogger Haha♥ said on November 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM  

I almost forgot this book, kala ko chocolate nga. LOL. Thanks, how dearly ur post naman. :))


Blogger Loonatic said on November 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM  

hihi <3...Okay, our next project (aside from our impending Journal gig) will be to create a Children's book!<3

Post a Comment

We Bond Over Scribbles and Scratches of Ink

 Last Semester, Hazel gave me this children's book entitled "A Little House of Your Own". I saw this lying in a college-sponsored book sale and I knew from the cover alone that I just have to have it. I then pleaded Hazel to buy this for me (I happen to know some "little sister moves" gathered from years of doing so with my elder sister). When she agreed to my musings, she retaliated by saying "So this is how having a little sister feels like". I'd like to think that she thought of me in a cute manner, though the annoyed tone is outwardly shown. (No, I'm just kidding. We have this inside joke about her being an only child with a bratty personality, and me being her annoying "sister that could have been"). Being a lone child, her sisterly affections are redirected to her pets, making her altogether an animal welfare aficionado.
I even coaxed her into making a cute note for me. I really have to use this "talent" more.

I find it sad to have books branded with such contempt just because they no longer fit the "curriculum"/taste of other people. With academic books, I totally understand (some information need to be updated, others have to be discarded), but doing this to story books--and not to mention a good one at that-- is plain irrational.

Well, I just have to keep it in good condition so that I can eventually pass it on in the future. Look at those lovely sketches!

I told Hazel that these illustrations are like hers--lines in that are evidently stroked several times in order to add textures into the whole picture.

The illusion of movements are endearing and compelling--making me nostalgic on my seemingly lost childhood days. Oh, the beauty of innocence and naivety.

"Or listening to a story"

"Walk softly, speak gently"

The cover looks like a chocolate bar wrapper.






Labels: ,

Back to top


Copyright ©. Layout by SekarYoshioka. Header : and edited by SekarYoshioka. Please view it with Google Chrome 1024*768. All rights reserved.