I love eccentricities that are grounded in humor.
Bushyshrub/ Electricpop/ Dajayjay/ Kitty/

Posted on: 11.30.2012 @ 10:21 PM |

Blogger Camille Dajay said on December 2, 2012 at 4:30 AM  

And you laughed at me when you found out that I bought my cousin a book, and I read it first before wrapping it.

BTW, kamusta thesis? :))


Blogger Loonatic said on December 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM  

Guilty as charged.haha.C:

Polishing my programming then sabak to design.hihi.C:..You?


Blogger Haha♥ said on December 4, 2012 at 7:32 AM  

Namiss ko toys ko. :)


Blogger Loonatic said on December 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM  

Laruin mo din.C:

Post a Comment

Because Playing Dress Up is Too Grown Up

Letting my inner Indiana Jones out once again, I've chanced upon two boxes of "treasures" buried in a cranny of our house. I knew that my mom hauled toys months before for my nieces and nephews but these toys seem to plead me, to open them up so that they can be free once and for all. In a jiffy, their wish was granted.

Starting with this windmill bakery, I noticed that some parts shown in the cover were not provided. I'm guessing that the toy manufacturer had it separated to another set-- capitalist tactic, I must say. Nevertheless, any girl playing with this would feel delighted. Winged pink structure, anyone? (Although, it really is a windmill).
 The inside is bare, unless the few given pieces will be set-up. There was a complementary set of stickers, but since I'm still planning to give this to my favorite niece, I opted not to use them.

I'm not sure if the family members depicted are squirrels or foxes. My bet's on the latter one.

Mrs. Fox--yes, I named her-- taking care of her baby.

Mr. Fox being an industrious baker.

I wonder what he's cooking/baking.

Can you see the pie?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they really are squirrels.

 The next one is a cake/ride toy. It was kind of heavy and I had a hard time getting this piece out of the box.


Now I'm craving for a piece of cake.

If I'm not mistaken, the dog's name is Jessie.

Seeing this reminds me of the monorail, soon to be tested in our school!

A cake turned rail track.



Before I had these photos taken, my mom asked me what I'd do with them. I had to cover up my real intentions with pure creative reasoning of just taking photographs. Seeing my devilish smile, I knew my mom saw right through me-- I had to give way to my lost childhood, and what better way to do that than to play with these?


The excitement of tearing the cartons and wrappers down and trying to construct the pieces akin to the given  template is pure bliss. Doing this made me realize some things. (1) Humans sometimes want to play god. (2) There are processes that need to be followed step-by-step so that the desired outcome can be achieved. (3) Consumerism starts early on in our lives, and with how things run right now, it is quite inevitable that this will stay for a long time. (4) China even dominates the toy world. 

There are also these personal turmoil that haunt me. (1) Was I too uptight that spontaneity seems foreign to me? (2) That 'youth' too abstract a word to understand; too fleeting to hold on to? (3) Was I too excited to grow up that I seem to forget that life can never be recapitulated? 

Funny how these seemingly innocent and childish toys made me think thoughts too adult to comprehend on.
I should just really go back to my paper.


Labels:

Back to top


Copyright ©. Layout by SekarYoshioka. Header : and edited by SekarYoshioka. Please view it with Google Chrome 1024*768. All rights reserved.